Well, after a long Thanksgiving without internet, we're back. Unfortunately I've found that our team has been cut for next semester so this project will be scrapped and I will be put on a new team to blog about for next semester.
I think the biggest reason why we got cut was between group dynamic as well as communication. Between having an issue contacting people and being left with vague notes in the issues section of our repository as well as extremely short meetings where we continuously discussed things that were not relevant to what needed to be done that week (relevant to the project just not things we needed to be talking about), I can see why we got cut. The meetings were the most unfortunate part of all of this because I tried to keep everyone on track, but I felt as if everyone was very scatterbrained or they just weren't into what we were actually doing because the conversations would always get ahead of ourselves. I honestly think this team would not have worked out in the end and, to be perfectly honest, I am glad we got cut.
I could see this happening around the middle of the year when a teammate came to a meeting and said that he didn't think we were going to make it in the end. This seemed like it just killed a lot of our will at times, but I tried to keep everyone motivated enough to finish the project, but that seemed to backfire a bit because it caused more work for me with little results.
All in all, I'm happy with what I, personally, managed to accomplish even though it took me much longer than it should have due to scope issues as well as having to clean up the level every time I sat down to work on it. At the beginning of the year I was uneasy about this team, but I told myself we would not be cut due to a lack of effort on my part, and, even though we did not make it to next semester, I definitely accomplished my personal goal.
No comments:
Post a Comment