New update on our mechanics. Randomization is just about implemented. The walls are randomized in each of the random rooms. The collectibles are randomized based on areas set up by my designers. The way the trap and challenge randomization will include a prefab for each trap or challenge. The game will pick one trap and a specified number of challenges and apply them as well as rotate them to fit one of the random rooms. This should be fairly easily implemented (at least easier than the walls were).
The other thing I worked on implementing was the inventory system. This is basically implemented as well I just need to fix the one bug I'm having where the inventory won't spawn the object with the rigidbody for some reason and I need to take the keys out of the inventory because you don't need to use them.
The last thing I want to discuss in this post is the A.I. that will be going along with the enemy in the game. The best way to do this, and make it seem very realistic, will be to add a state machine into the game for the enemy. States I want to include will be: normal, seeking, random, wander. Normal will make him patrol his normal pathway. Seeking will move the enemy towards the player. Random will choose random way points from the enemy's path, and wander will make him walk around the current room he is in.
No comments:
Post a Comment