If I manage to have some free time, I would really like to come back to this project and rework some things as well as finish some polish that the systems desperately need in order to look nicer.
Some of these things include making the AI smarter and more state based (the basic layout is in there, but it needs a lot of game play programming in order to look complete) as well as mostly just polish for everything else that is in the game and tweaking of certain things. The most prevalent tweak that should be done is probably the inventory system which we decided would just be picking up and placing objects as opposed to having an infinite list of items you can pick up.
The other thing I was looking forward to, but didn't have a chance to do because it would have been in next semester's class, is the audio manager. This would have allowed my designers to easily work with different audio clips at different times, but for now we were just trying to get the game to look good enough for presentations so I wasn't able to implement the whole thing. We've just been playing audio clips after importing them for now which works fine, but is not very pretty to look at.
Other than that, the game will probably be about ready to be put into a vertical slice with a lot of design work (mostly just tweaking and bug fixing to make everything feel, look, and sound better).
No comments:
Post a Comment